RealSense R200: Sensor update failed

Digitize Your World Forums Bugs & Troubleshooting RealSense R200: Sensor update failed

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  fbn 1 year, 7 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

fbn
    Participant

Hi all,

I’ve just received an Intel RealSense R200 and want to use it with ReconstructMe.

For the installation I followed all the steps described here.
    Thus the following things are installed on my Windows 7 (64 bit) machine:
    – ReconstructMe version 2.5.1034
    – intel_rs_dcm_r200_2.0.3.53109
    – intel_rs_sdk_runtime_7.0.23.8048

However, ReconstructMe complains that “Sensor update failed. Retrying …”.
    The log tells me:

2016-03-29T10:34:29 ; Running RealSense SDK version 7.0
    2016-03-29T10:34:29 ; Error: ..\..\..\..\source\robvis\lib_rgbdsensor\src\realsense_sensor.cpp(183): Throw in function void __cdecl LibRGBDSensor::realsense_sensor::open(class boost::shared_ptr<class google::protobuf::Message>)
    Dynamic exception type: class boost::exception_detail::clone_impl<class LibFundament::robvis_error>
    std::exception::what: Failed to initialize Realsense pipeline
    [struct LibFundament::tag_robvis_condition * __ptr64] = _data->manager->Init() >= PXC_STATUS_NO_ERROR
    [struct LibFundament::tag_robvis_message * __ptr64] = Failed to initialize Realsense pipeline

Any suggestions on how to resolve this problem?

Thank you very much in advance,
    Fab

progres
    Participant

Exactly same situation here.
    win7 pro x64 SP1, 16 gb, nvidia gtx850m/ intel HD 4600
    i7, 4710

fbn
    Participant

After digging a bit more I realized that – theoretically – the R200 is specified for Win8.1 (see Specs here).
    So I installed Win10 and all the abovementioned stuff…but again no success at all. Still the same problem.

Some details:
    – Both in Win7 and Win10 the device manager shows the R200 drivers as properly installed
    – During the installation of the driver (intel_rs_dcm_r200_2.0.3.53109) the R200 firmware gets successfully updated, so there must (somewhere) be a proper connection to the R200
    – On the Win7 machine I’ve installed another app (itSeez3D) to verify that the R200 is properly working. However, same problem there, couldn’t get a connection to the R200.

So I guess there is a general problem with the R200, however I would not know where to continue searching or which utility to use to dig deeper to find the problem.

Any help/hints are very welcome!!!

Thanks a lot in advance,
    Fab

fbn
    Participant

Dear all,

Good news from my side…miraculously I brought it to work on the Win10 machine:
    – uninstalling SDK
    – uninstalling DCM
    – uninstalling all three R200 drivers in the DeviceManager
    – unplug the R200
    – reboot
    – reopen the DCM installation
    – plug the R200
    – continue and finish DCM installation
    – install SDK (complete install)

that’s all, no clue why this suddently works.
    hope this can be of help for someone else…

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.